Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm a Home Wrecker

Let's get straight to the point. I woke up this morning and just realized I'm a home wrecker and a fool. I fell in love with my high school sweetheart back in 2001. When we first started dating he had a girlfriend that I didn't know about for the first six months. (Ignorance is not bliss!) By the time I found out about her I was already hooked and kept dating him for the next two years. II convinced myself that we were meant to be together since we spent everyday together. I had no clue when this other girlfriend got her quality time in. She finally found out - this was the first home I wrecked. Unfortunately, it was time for me to go off to college so we called it quits and went our separate ways.

Every trip home for the next three years, I would reconnect with him for a little "hanky panky". When I moved back home I found out he had began another relationship - but that never stopped us. Once again, I found myself still drawn in to this man telling me how much he cared and loved me. Despite the fact that him and his girlfriend have been cohabitating, I doubt this girl would have ever discovered his cheating ways but I ended up pregnant. He breaks the news to her and they break up - another home wrecked. Because they are currently under a lease, I try to be understanding (I mean we are in a recession). I tell him to go ahead and finish out the lease and then we'll figure out where our relationship goes. We start making plans for when that time comes - putting our money together, picking out a new place to move into, planning for our new baby boy. We started spending everyday together and each day is filled with I love yous back and forth.

So lets fast forward to now - June 2009, my son is three weeks old and this man has the nerve to tell me that he's not sure things are over between him and his ex. I do understand that I played the "ho" in all of this but why is it so easy for guys to play girls for the fool? I didn't pursue this man and it's not my job to look out for the other woman - that's his job to have respect for his relationship, right? I feel like I'm caught up in a real life soap opera or starring in some season of the real world.

1 comment:

  1. Your not a bad writer, but I'm wondering where your blog is going to go from here. How many bad relationships do you expect to be having? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete